The Savannah Young Farmers Network (SYFN) is a youth led Non-governmental organization in Ghana with the mandate of promoting the active engagement of the youth in to Agriculture and the development of their capacities to enable them contribute to grass root, national and international development; hence the developmental projects and Advocacy activities of the organization over the years has been directed towards fulfilling this mandate.
The Savannah Young Farmers Network was formed in 2006 and currently operates in the Northern and Upper East and Upper West Regions of the country. The organization is headed by an Executive Director with the support of other officers and volunteers. As a young organization, Volunteers plays a pivotal role in carrying out our Advocacy and developmental activities.
The Savannah Young Farmers Network (SYFN) is a network of young farmer groups across the three northern regions as well as organizations involved in the development of the Agricultural sector with a focus on promoting the active engagement of youth in Agriculture. The organization is in network with some national and international organizations.
The following are some of the Activities of the Savannah Young Farmers Network (SYFN):
1. Advocacy activities on promoting youth in Agriculture, Biodiversity conservation etc.
2. Conducting capacity development trainings to enable the youth actively engage in Agriculture to create jobs and become entrepreneurs across the Agricultural value chain.
3. Provision of Agricultural Extension and Rural Advisory Services to enable farmers increase productivity, develop their respective Agri-businesses and become community change agents.
4. Promoting Market Access for farmers.
5. Provision of Agricultural value chain facilitation to develop and strengthen Agricultural value chains with the objective of contributing to the holistic development of Agriculture in Ghana. Etc.